The provision of Personal Data Protection Code states that for “technical cookies” it is not necessary to request users’ prior consent, it is sufficient to provide an extended and detailed notice regarding how to manage and disable them.
Classification of “technical cookies” and reasons for using
“Technical cookies” are used exclusively with a view to “carry out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service.” (see Section 122(1) of the Code). They are not used for further purposes and are usually installed directly by the data controller or the website manager. They can be grouped into browsing or session cookies, which allow users to navigate and use a website (e.g. to purchase items online or authenticate themselves to access certain sections); analytics cookies, which can be equated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website; functional cookies, which allow users to navigate as a function of certain selected criteria (such as language or products to be purchased) in order to improve the quality of service.
In particular they can be used for:
• keeping the current navigation session active;
• generating website access statistics;
• other specific functions (e.g. managing customers’ preferred products, product purchase, etc.).
Cookies used on www.bindisergardi.it and www.bindisergardi.it are:
ASP.NET _SessionId (Session Cookie) Cookie Google Analytics: __utma (Persistent Cookie) __utmb (Persistent Cookie) __utmc (Session Cookie) __utmz (Persistent Cookie)
How to restrict cookies and disable them
• Menu: Tools/Internet Options
• Click “Privacy” Tab, then “Websites”: in Address of the Web Site put the complete address (URL) of the website for which you want to change the privacy settings:
• Preferences: tab Privacy then Configure cookies
• Click on the Settings icon that appears in the drop down menu of the browser; Click on Show Advanced Settings.
• In the “Privacy” section click on Content Settings.
• In the “Cookies” section you can change the following settings: Delete cookies, Block cookies by default, Allow cookies by default, Make exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains.
• Click on Tools then Options.
• Privacy Tab: in the History Settings menu select “Use Preferred Settings”.
• Select the option “Accept Cookies”, then click on “Exceptions” to choose websites that you always want to authorize or “block” for those websites whose cookies you do not want to install on your computer.
• Preferences > Advanced > Cookies.
• Cookies’ preferences allow the user to control the way Opera manages cookies. Default settings accept all cookies.
Plug-in Facebook e Twitter
On our website www.bindisergardi.it there are Facebook and Twitter plug-ins.